Sophia Kovach

Birth: 29 Jan 1883 -  Gyor, Hungary
Death: 10 Oct 1964 - Cleveland, Ohio
Burial:

Father: Joseph Kovács
Mother: Eva Hemodi 

Spouse: Michael Valand
Marriage: 18 Jun 1904 - Hungary

Children:
Wilma Jane Valand

United States Department of Justice
Immigration and Naturalization Service
Alien Registration Form
1. (a) My name is: Sophia Valand
(b) I entered the United States under the name of: Mrs. Mihalyne Veland
(c) I have also been known by the following names: Sophia Kovach - maiden name
2. (a) I live at: 432 East 124th Street Cleveland Cuyahoga Ohio
(b) My post-office address is: same
3. (a) I was born on: January 29 1883
(b) I was born in (or near): Ujmolomsok Hungary
4. I am a citizen or subject of: Hungary
5. (a) I am a: Female
(b) My marital status is: Widowed
(c) My race is: White
6. I am: 5 feet, 4 inches in height, weigh 145 pounds, have black hair and grey eyes.
7. (a) I last arrived in the United States at: Ellis Island, New York City on Aug. 16, 1906
(b) I came in by: S.S. Kroonland - Red Star Line
(c) I came as a: Passenger
(d) I entered the United States as a: Permanent resident
(e) I first arrived in the United States on: August 16 1906
8. (a) I have lived in the United States a total of: 34 years.
(b) I expect to remain in the United States: permently
9. (a) My usual occupation is: housewife
(b) My present occupation is: housewife
(c) My employer is: none